The Master’s degree programme in Molecular Biotechnology consists of the three core areas of Bioinformatics, Biophysical Chemistry, and Substance Research. The programme’s interdisciplinary character enables students to specialise in the area of their preference and provides them with outstanding preparation for a scientific career in one of the life sciences fields.
Courses in the Master’s degree programme provide both theoretical and practical instruction in Bioinformatics, Biophysical Chemistry, and Substance Research. Students may attend lectures and seminars from throughout the broad range of course offerings at Heidelberg University and beyond, allowing them to develop their own individual orientation. Generic courses in entrepreneurship, project management, and proposal writing round out the course offering.
The programme focuses on practical work in research laboratories. This work may also be performed in part at other universities or research institutes both within Germany and abroad. This means that students will spend the majority of their time in scientific laboratories and in conducting their own individual research projects. Findings from these projects are frequently published in leading scientific journals.
- Substance Research
- Biophysical Chemistry
- Project Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology Molecular Sciences Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 37 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal statement
- Proof of language proficiency
- Certificate of the undergraduate degree programme
- Certificate of enrolment from the most-recently attended university
- Students applying for a transfer or change of institution from a non-German university must also submit: a certificate of transferable grades from the relevant subject area
- Proof of sufficient financing for completion of the course of study. This does not apply for applications from EU/EEA member states and applicants with a German university entrance qualification
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- EU/EEA- Fees and contributions: 171.80 € / Semester
Living costs for Heidelberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.