The aim of the Applied Mathematics from Óbuda University course is to train mathematicians who are able to effectively model and solve problems that arise in real-life applications, within engineering, natural sciences, industry and management. The curriculum follows the recommendations of the SIAM, putting emphasis to application-oriented mathematics, practical applications, modelling and communication skills, team work, computer programming and high-performance computing.
Graduates with Applied Mathematics from Óbuda University will be :
- Able to apply the methods of mathematical science in the fields of algorithm theory, applied analysis, discrete mathematics, operational research, probability calculus, and mathematical statistics.
- Able to create mathematical models of phenomena arising in the surrounding world and to use the achievements of modern mathematics to explain and describe phenomena.
- Able to represent, at an abstract level, correlations observable in practical life.
- Able to combine and use the knowledge and skills acquired in the application fields of mathematics in creative ways to solve problems arising in animate and inanimate nature, in the world of technology and IT, in economy and finance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Interpolation and Approximation
- Fourier Analysis and Series
- Differential Equations
- Multivariate Statistical Methods
- Stochastic Processes and their applications
- Engineering Computational Methods
- System and Control Theory
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application form (personal data should correlate with passport data)
- Official transcripts of completed degrees/diplomas of any higher education institution (notarized English translation necessary)
- Copy of passport
- 2 recent passport sized photos (51 x 51 mm) (2”x2”)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Certification of English Language Proficiency
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.