Further research in these areas rests on the evaluation of masses of biological data: here, the use of computers, combined with accurate mathematical models and efficient algorithms is essential.
Employing adequate training in the various sub-disciplines, this program provides the required knowledge for students to be able to judge mathematical methods and models, to recognize relevant biological questions, and to correctly interpret the results of the models in a biological context.
Why Study Here?
- Several professorships and a number of research groups ensure high quality teaching in FUB's bioinformatics program.
- The Bioinformatics program at Freie Universität Berlin is a joint effort by FUB's Department for Mathematics and Computer Science, the Department for Biology, Chemistry, and Pharmaceutics, and the medical faculty of the Charité Berlin.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Complex Systems
- Data Science
- Advanced Algorithms
- Advanced Algorithms for Bioinformatics
- Methods in Life Sciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Biotechnology Bioinformatics View 29 other Masters in Biotechnology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in bioinformatics with components in mathematics, computer science, chemistry/biochemistry, biology, and bioinformatics that correspond to the bachelor’s degree program in bioinformatics at Freie Universität Berlin, or an equivalent degree.
- Proof of English language skills (level B1 CEFR or equivalent).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Students do not pay any tuition fees. However, the university charges a semester fee (app. 300 Euro per semester)
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.