Further research in these areas is based on the evaluation of masses of biological data: here, the use of computers, combined with accurate mathematical models and efficient algorithms is essential.
Why Study Bioinformatics at Freie Universität Berlin?
Several professorships and a number of research groups ensure high quality teaching in FUB's bioinformatics program. The program is a joint effort by FUB's Department for Mathematics and Computer Science, the Department for Biology, Chemistry, and Pharmaceutics, and the medical faculty of the Charité Berlin. In addition, there are several cooperations with institutions such as the Max-Planck-Institute for Molecular Genetics (MPI), the Max-Delbrück-Center (MDC), and the Konrad-Zuse-Center for Information Technology (ZIB).
More informationVisit official programme website
- Foundations in Computer Science
- Foundations in Mathematics and Statistics
- Foundations in Bio-Medicine
- Complex Systems
- Data Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Biotechnology Bioinformatics View 27 other Masters in Biotechnology in Germany
- Bachelor’s degree in bioinformatics with components in mathematics, computer science, chemistry/biochemistry, biology, and bioinformatics that correspond to the bachelor’s degree program in bioinformatics at Freie Universität Berlin, or an equivalent degree.
- Proof of English language skills (level B1 CEFR or equivalent).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Students do not pay any tuition fees. However, the university charges a semester fee (app. 300 Euro per semester)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.