The teachers in the geoengineering programme are well recognised in Finland and abroad. Many of them have been involved in challenging engineering designs and projects and maintain strong industry links. It guarantees that the courses provide up-to-date knowledge close to the needs of the companies.
Also, geoengineering professors actively pursue research, and don’t hesitate to introduce new novel methods in their teaching, keeping geoengineering graduates at the cutting edge of development.
As a result, the daily studies include multiple learning methods like flipped classroom teaching, experiments in the above-standard laboratory facilities, field investigations (usually with machinery from industry, sometimes even with explosives), hands-on projects for the industry, visits to construction sites, and even certain projects carried out in tunnels under the campus or in virtual reality.
Thanks to the Master’s Programme in Geoengineering from Aalto University outstanding links with the industry, geoengineering graduates have worked closely with industry companies and experts already during their studies.
The boundary between the industry and geoengineering studies is kept low to best serve the learning experiences of students as well as the future careers of graduates. Overall, the companies are extremely active in attracting geoengineering graduates as they represent a scarce and unique talent, highly sought after in Finland and Estonia, as well as in Europe and around the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Soil Mechanics
- Numerical Methods in Geotechnics
- Environmental Risk Analysis
- Road Maintenance and Rehabilitation
- Foundation Engineering and Ground Improvement
- Project Course in Geoengineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeology General Engineering & Technology Environmental Management View 58 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Finland
- Scanned colour copy of the original Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Scanned colour copy of the original official transcript of study records.
- If you have any other higher education degrees you wish to be taken into consideration in admissions, scanned colour copies of degree certificate and official transcript of records. If documents are not in Finnish, Swedish or English, scanned colour copies of authorised translations are required as well.
- Copy of a valid passport or an official government-issued identification card with photo and information on citizenship.
- Portfolio (electronic)
- Demonstrating proficiency in English
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.