The transportation system is a very important part of any modern economy and core element of daily human life. Our society and economy are faced with an increasing demand for mobility, as well as with the concept of sustainability. These new challenges also require new planning and management strategies in the area of transportation.
Experts are needed to design roads, traffic control systems and public transport networks. These professionals must be familiar with the concepts of transportation demand management, integrated land-use and intermodal traffic management.
Which professional opportunities can I take up with this qualification?
- As a graduate in Transportation Systems from Technical University of Munich you can start your career as a transport consultant or transport planner in different areas of the transportation sector.
- Possible areas of employment are governmental agencies, public transport authorities, urban and regional planning departments as well as private or state owned transportation companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The first three semesters are composed of seminars and lectures – combined with field trips and exercise courses that are based on real life studies. In addition, the master’s program includes a project seminar that enables students to explore scientific questions and practical solutions in an experimental environment.
- Besides, students have to do an intership in a transportation related industry or authority.
- The fourth semester is dedicated to the master’s thesis.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTransport Management Transportation Engineering View 7 other Masters in Transport Management in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 142 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 142 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for München
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.