During the first three semesters, students attend lectures, seminars, and gain practical experience by joining research activities offered by various institutes of the University of Stuttgart.
They may choose courses according to their personal interest, thus shaping their individual profile within the environmental sector. The fourth semester is dedicated to the master's thesis. The language of instruction is English. However, students also participate in language courses to improve their German language skills.
What job prospects are available to me after graduation?
- After graduating from the Air Quality Control, Solid Waste and Waste Water Process Engineering (WASTE) program at University of Stuttgart students might work for internationally operating large or medium-sized companies, universities, or research institutes and environmental offices both in Germany as well as in their home countries around the world.
- Their fields of activity vary from working as scientists in research and development departments, or being quality managers and environmental protection officers in the industry, acting as surveyor in measurement and testing institutes, being involved in environmental legislation for international, national or local authorities, and non-governmental organizations, or being environmental experts and consultants in Germany or developing countries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
During the course of the program, students choose based on their individual interests among the following specialization areas:
- Air Quality Control
- Solid Waste Process Engineering
- Waste Water Process Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Environmental Management Ecology View 19 other Masters in Environmental Management in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor or Diploma Degree in Chemical, Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, or Process Engineering or in a related field
- Restricted admission (limited number of places)
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Stuttgart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.