The entire Computational Mechanics of Materials and Structures (COMMAS) degree offered by the University of Stuttgart can be studied in English and takes two years (four semesters) including a master's thesis. Computational Mechanics of Materials and Structures programme is offered at the University of Stuttgart has been designed to be a very compact graduate program. It attracts also people who already have finished other studies to gain expertise in the promising field of Computational Mechanics of Materials and Structures.
Graduates can work in various industrial sectors. With their knowledge in material theory and modelling, simulation technology and numerical methods, our graduates are particularly suitable for professions in the following areas:
- simulation technology
- modelling of complex boundaries such as crash test simulations in the automotive industry
- design of finite elements and complex discretization
- coupled problems in design concepts for lifecycle-modeling in application areas of electric mobility.
COMMAS is a strongly research oriented program. The students are therefore ideally prepared for a university career at faculties of mechanical engineering and civil engineering.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Continuum Mechanics
- Computational Mechanics of Materials
- Computational Mechanics of Structures
- Discretization Methods
- Introduction to Scientific Programming
- Structural Dynamics and Optimization
- Engineering Materials
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering View 30 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Germany
- A school certificate authorizing the holder to enter a university or an authorization regarded as equivalent by the board of examination of COMMAS
- G.C.E (O+A-Level), Baccalaureate, Lise Diplomasi, Apolyterion, Maturitaet, High School, Diploma, or other
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering or Natural Science or a related field, or a "Diplom" degree (U, FH, BA), or, a "Vordiplom" and examinations in additional core courses
- Test of English proficiency
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.