Students learn different practical and powerful approaches to model, understand and predict responses of complex materials and structures encountered almost all engineering disciplines.
- The entire master's program can be studied in English and takes two years (four semesters) including a master thesis.
- The Computational Mechanics of Materials and Structures (COMMAS) programme at University of Stuttgart has been designed to be a very compact graduate program. It attracts also people who already have finished other studies to gain expertise in the promising field of Computational Mechanics of Materials and Structures.
- Within the program we offer a wide range of courses.
- Therefore, students are usually asked to prepare a study plan and encouraged to get in touch with the advising professors (who are the members of COMMAS Study Commission and can support the students with their studies) to make sure that they can find out their interest areas and decide on the electives.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering View 45 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A school certificate authorizing the holder to enter a university or an authorization regarded as equivalent by the board of examination of COMMAS
- G.C.E (O+A-Level), Baccalaureate, Lise Diplomasi, Apolyterion, Maturitaet, High School, Diploma, or other
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering or Natural Science or a related field, or a "Diplom" degree (U, FH, BA), or, a "Vordiplom" and examinations in additional core courses
- Test of English proficiency
- Applicants from China, India, Iran, Mongolia, and Vietnam please see page country specific requirements for further specific requirements
- Restricted admission (limited number of places)
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Stuttgart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.