Program goals include deepening students’ knowledge of physics, supporting their specialization in the field, and helping them expand their skills, including the ability to perform independent research.
- Participants in the Physics program from Freie Universität Berlin acquire the ability to successfully deal with a variety of scientific and technical problems as generalists in the natural sciences.
Excellent research community
- As a Master student, you will be a part of the cutting-edge research at the FU Berlin.
- You will receive individual support from instructors and professors.
- You will benefit from our well-equipped laboratories and international networks.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in physics or an equivalent degree corresponding to the bachelor’s degree in physics at Freie Universität Berlin.
- Proof of English language skills (level B1 CEFR) for applicants whose first language is not English and whose degree was not obtained at an institution of higher education where English was the language of instruction.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Students do not pay any tuition fees, the university only charges semester fees and contributions each semester.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.