As the final deadline to apply for the Studyportals Scholarship - International Distinction Awards is approaching, we have noticed that many of you have inquiries related to the application. In this article, we will tackle the most frequently asked questions.
1. When is the final deadline to apply for the Studyportals Scholarship?
The final deadline to apply for the scholarship is the 30th of June 2021. Note: for that deadline, you will be asked to provide us with a motivation letter of 400–600 words and any Letter(s) of Acceptance from the universities or colleges to which you have applied.
2. What if I cannot provide a university Letter of Acceptance before the deadline on the 30th of June?
In case you have not received an unconditional or conditional Letter of Acceptance, you can provide us with any form of approval of your application to the university.
That means you can also send us an email that you have received from the university approving your application, an invoice, or any other kind of official proof showing that you have applied to the university.
Note: in case you end up getting shortlisted for the Scholarship winners, we will be asking for definite proof of Acceptance to the university of your choice. You would have to provide us with this proof around mid-July.
3. I am not receiving Studyportals emails regarding the scholarship. What can I do?
To receive scholarship related emails, go to your Studyportals’ account settings and make sure your email preferences include “Updates about scholarships and other partner offers that match your profile.” Only users who have this email preference will receive Studyportals emails with updates on the scholarship.
If your email preferences are updated, but you haven’t received any emails, we recommend checking your spam/junk folder, as the scholarship emails might have ended up in there.
In case you have tried all the options mentioned above and still haven’t received scholarship emails, contact Studyportals on our social media platforms.
4. I am not able to meet the scholarship requirements before the deadline on the 30th of June. Can I apply for another scholarship?
Yes, you can subscribe to the next year’s scholarship round. If you stay subscribed to Studyportals emails, we will notify you when we open the new application for the Studyportals Scholarship 2020-2021.
Alternatively, you can also check for other scholarships on our Scholarshipportal.
5. How do I upload my Letters of Acceptance and the motivation letter?
A little while after you register for the scholarship, we will send you follow-up emails with info about the next steps in your application.
It is important that you stay subscribed to Studyportals emails so that you can receive more information to guide you through the application process. These emails will also include a personalised link where you will be able to upload your Letter(s) of Acceptance and the motivation letter.
People who have applied for the scholarship before the 1st of June can expect to receive a follow-up email in the first week of June. This email will have instructions on how and where to upload the Letter(s) of Acceptance and the motivation letter.
Everyone who has applied or plans to apply for the scholarship after the 1st of June will receive the same email later in the month.
6. How will the Studyportals Scholarship winners be chosen?
In July, we will choose five winners for the Studyportals Scholarships. They will be announced on the 1st of August.
The selection will be based on the motivation letters. We want to see what motivates you to pursue education abroad and how the international experience will help you to achieve your goals. Be creative, personal, ambitious and original; show us who you are as an individual and why you are a great candidate to win one of the Studyportals Scholarships.
7. What if my university is not on the list in the application form?
8. How do I know if the Studyportals Scholarship is the real deal?
With the amount of fake news and misleading information out there, we understand why you might be sceptical about the Studyportals Scholarship. But we can assure you the prize is real just like our commitment to help international students.
For example, we list over 87,000 Bachelor's degrees and over 69,000 Master's programmes on our portals. We have partnered with many universities all over the world and you can learn more about our mission and what we stand for on our Mission and Goals page.
To further add to the validity of our scholarship, you can check out the 2020 winners and their stories:
- Studyportals Scholarship Winner: Aleksandra, Who Will Starve World Hunger
- Studyportals Scholarship Winner: Bianca, Who Will Illuminate Childhoods through Outdoor Education
- Studyportals Scholarship Winner: Annie, Who Will Narrate Magic into Our World through Her Writing
- Studyportals Scholarship Winner: Anivesh, Who Will Wrestle Courts for Human Rights and Women’s Safety
- Studyportals Scholarship Winner: Roki, Who Will Venture across the Globe to Improve Public Health
We hope this article has answered all of your burning questions. If you still have other questions or uncertainties, don’t hesitate to contact us on our social media channels. We wish you the best of luck with your application and your further studies!