Placeholder image for Linköping University - Faculty of Educational Sciences

Linköping University - Faculty of Educational Sciences

The Faculty of Educational Sciences provides a comprehensive teacher training programme and offers postgraduate programmes with opportunities for research. Courses and programmes are generally taught in Swedish, although there are a number of courses offered in English which are open to international students.

Master's Programmes

Education & Training (2)
Environmental Studies & Earth Sciences (1)
Social Sciences (1)



Master's programmes in English

  • Adult Learning and Global Change, 60 credits
Part-time, distance learning. Intended for professionals who need to understand learning and global change.

Four universities in four continents collaborate to deliver the programme: Linköping University, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, University of Western Cape, Cape Town and Monash University, Melbourne.

  • Outdoor Environmental Education and Outdoor Life, 60 credits

Full-time, campus based. This programme will clarify how outdoor environmental education can contribute to sustainable development and environmental health.


In the field of educational sciences, research on education and learning is conducted in close collaboration with undergraduate studies.

It looks at learning and teaching among children, young people and adults and involves all forms of schooling from preschool to university studies, but also pedagogical activities outside the education system.

The area includes both interdisciplinary and single discipline-research.

Global Student Satisfaction Awards 2019

GSSA 2019

The Global Student Satisfaction Awards empower students across the globe to determine the best universities of 2019. By rating institutions on a scale from 1 to 5, on multiple studies-related questions, we found the top educators in the world.

Learn more about the Global Student Satisfaction Awards


Medical services

The European Health Insurance Card will ensure hospital care for EU citizens. Non-EU/EEA citizens should contact their local social insurance office before departure to Sweden. Please make sure you have travel insurance and insurance against loss and damage before you leave your home country.

Other programmes from this university


Go to your profile page to get personalised recommendations!