On March 3, 1927, the Board of Diocesan Seminary Trustees accepted an offer from Don Juan Camarillo (1867-1936) of 100 acres high on an expansive terrace of the Ranchos Calleguas and Las Posas in Ventura County. According to the intentions of the donor, the land was to be used as a site for a seminary to be named in honor of St. John the Evangelist.
The Global Student Satisfaction Awards empower students across the globe to determine the best universities of 2019. By rating institutions on a scale from 1 to 5, on multiple studies-related questions, we found the top educators in the world.Learn more about the Global Student Satisfaction Awards
The Library is a three-story structure of reinforced concrete in the Spanish-Colonial style, at the north end of the campus, the main facade facing south toward the Seminary and overlooking a long garden patterned after the garden laid out by Mr. Doheny at his Chester Place residence.
Seminarians live in 3 recently remodeled dormitories. Each room has bed, desk, closet and en-suite bathroom. There is a student lounge/television room in each dorm as well as a large common recreation room. Three meals a day are provided in the seminary refectory. Students may cook their own food in a student kitchen if they like.
St. John’s Seminary in California is accredited by: