The School of Earth, Environment and Society offers a Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Applied Geospatial Science at the Bowling Green State University, and Certificate programs to train students to use and understand some of the most advanced data and cutting-edge technology.
Students gain skills in using professional tools such as: Esri ArcGIS Desktop and Server, ENVI, ERDAS, eCognition, Idrisi, Trimble Pathfinder Office and Terrasync, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio Professional, and other open-source software such as R, Python and GRASS.
Today, geospatial technology plays a key role in many different occupations, including cartography, surveying, earth sciences, energy sciences, computer science, state and local governments, criminal justice, statistics, business, and management.
The interdisciplinary nature of this field has also allowed for integration into planning, decision-making, and business processes of organizations which represent a major investment on the part of the U.S. federal government and the private sector.
Upon completion of the graduate degree, students in Applied Geospatial Science are expected to be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to explain fundamental geospatial concepts and theory for addressing important societal issues
- Demonstrate the ability to apply geospatial data and tools across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrate the ability to explain in-depth ideas and concepts in area of specialization
- Plan I: Demonstrate the ability to design and conduct an original research project, with appropriate use of scientific methods, robust sampling, and analytical methodologies
- Plan I: Demonstrate the ability to defend and communicate the results and interpretations of an original research project
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Geographic Information Systems
- Remote Sensing
- Spatial Modeling
- Techniques and Applications
- Applied Remote Sensing
- Seminar in Earth, Environment, and Society
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeographical Information Systems (GIS) View 157 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
- BGSU Graduate College online application
- Official GRE score report (general test)
- Transcripts from ALL colleges attended
- Three letters of reference
- Short statement of purpose
International10119 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10119 USD per year during 12 months.
National10119 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10119 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State6124 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6124 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.