Today, corporations have come to realize that the collection and storage of large amounts of business operations data has become increasingly easy and inexpensive.
However, having the ability to analyze, make sense of the data, and use it as a predictive tool is what gives a corporation a competitive edge. Data/Business analysts are professionals who have the analytical and technical expertise to make sense of the data. The MS in Analytics at Bowling Green State University is designed to position students for a successful career in analytics.
Positions Filled by MSA Graduates
- Business Process Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Data Quality Analyst
- Data Reporting Analyst
- Principal Data Scientist
- Product Analyst
- Information Specialist
- Senior Client Insights Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Programming Analyst
- Descriptive analytics are covered in MSA 5470, 5600, and 6440. Predictive analytics is included in MSA 5020, 5160, 6440, and 6450. The focus of MSA 6010 is on prescriptive analytics.
- Other courses cover areas that are essential to successful analytics implementations and applications including database management (MSA 5400), business intelligence (MSA 5600) and big data analytics (MSA 6500). The focus of these courses is on applications and hands-on experience.
- The curriculum also includes a non-technical soft skills course, MSA 6600 Project Management, which is critical to ensuring that MSA graduates have the necessary management skills to be a successful business leader.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesApplied Mathematics Statistics View 333 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
- Completed online application.
- Scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Minimum of a 3.0 undergraduate grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 grading scale is strongly recommended.
- Official scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
- Statement of Purpose evaluating your preparation for graduate study in analytics and describing how the MSA program aligns with your professional objectives.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from individuals who have an understanding of your academic and/or professional accomplishments.
- Current resume outlining educational background, leadership activities, community service, work experience, and any awards or honors.
- Payment of application fee ($45 domestic applicants, $75 international applicants).
International10119 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10119 USD per year during 12 months.
National10119 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10119 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State6124 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6124 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.