MOSAIC offers the unique opportunity to earn dual certification in Special Education and a Secondary Content Area, making graduates stand out in the job field. This rigorous 12-month program blends challenging coursework with full-time student teaching, giving candidates not only the knowledge but the experience to thrive in the classroom.
The Master of Special Education (MOSAIC) program from the University of Pittsburgh provides future teachers with the skills, knowledge, and experience to effectively teach adolescents with and without disabilities.
- MOSAIC alumni are employed as high school and middle school English, Science, Math, Foreign Language, Social Studies, and Special Education teachers in Pittsburgh, across Pennsylvania and around the country.
- Teaching & Learning In Secondary English
- Teaching & Learning In Secondary Foreign Language
- Teaching And Learning In Secondary Math
- Teaching & Learning In Secondary Science
- Teaching & Learning In Secondary Social Studies
- Practicum In Secondary Special Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Priority given to applications received by January 15
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 3225 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applications are submitted through the Pitt Education Online Application Form
- There is a non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) to be paid by credit card
- Your online application must include (a.) a Goal statement, (b.) your resume or curriculum vita, and (c.) contact information for three academic or professional contacts to later be invited to provide letters of recommendation
International40894 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40894 USD per year during 12 months.
National40894 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40894 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State24118 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24118 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.