This English and Communications Education program from the University of Pittsburgh prepares you with a minimum of 36 credits, including Basic Areas of Education (BAE) courses, a research seminar, required courses in a major field (specialization), and any additional departmental requirements. A comprehensive examination is also required.
Students will work with an English Education faculty advisor to develop a Plan of Studies in the major field that combines work in English Education courses, related studies in education, and related electives from across the university.
More informationVisit official programme website
Additionally, a comprehensive, take-home exam is required for all degree candidates. The exam will:
- determine your eligibility to be awarded the master’s degree.
- provide some indication of your depth of knowledge in a selected field.
- provide evidence of your ability to relate a content field to theoretical, research, or practical applications.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Fully structured
- Regular optional meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesEducation Languages View 921 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed School of Education Admissions Application;
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) by credit card, check, or money order payable to ‘University of Pittsburgh’;
- Complete individual transcripts of work done in all undergraduate and graduate study (an overall minimum QPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for previous undergraduate work is required);
- Official, third-party evaluation of all international transcripts for applicants who have not received a master’s degree within the United States. We strongly recommend using World Education Services (WES) to complete this service;
- Three letters of recommendation;
- A written statement of career goals
International39898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39898 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National39898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39898 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State23530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23530 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.