Candidates will take a range of classes that provide them with ongoing professional learning that is both practice-based and theoretically robust. In addition, candidates will learn how to design and enact classroom research within their own contexts. T
This is a 36-credit Elementary Education program; however, those students who received their teaching certificate from the University of Pittsburgh will be admitted to the program with advanced standing.
These students will need to take only 18 additional credits and will use 18 credits from their graduate certification program to complete the 36-credit requirement. Similarly, if a student completed a graduate education program at another university, he/she will be granted up to 12 advanced credits. These courses will be transferred into the program and an additional 24 credits will be completed at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Most candidates go on to be classroom teachers in K-6 classrooms.
- Some candidates do decide to gain additional degrees that allow them to take administrative positions in schools and school districts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Education And Society
- History Of Education
- Race And Racism In Education And Society
- Leadership In Service Learning
- Sociology Of Education
- Education And Culture
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Fully structured
- Regular optional meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesEducation View 1017 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applications are submitted through the Pitt Education Online Application Form
- There is a non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) to be paid by credit card
- Your online application must include (a.) a Goal statement, (b.) your resume or curriculum vita, and (c.) contact information for three academic or professional contacts to later be invited to provide letters of recommendation
International39898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39898 USD per year during 24 months.
National39898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39898 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State23530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23530 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.