Studies include fundamental biological phenomena related to the development, structure, and function of the craniofacial region and the development of new therapies, biomaterials, and diagnostic tools for the treatment of diseases and disorders in the craniofacial area.
The Graduate Program in Oral Biology from the University of Pittsburgh provides a stimulating and collegial environment to prepare motivated and qualified students for careers in academia, dental medicine, industry, and government. Student applicants to the School of Dental Medicine pre-doctoral program (First Professional DMD Program) will be invited for interviews on condition of good standing in the Department of Oral Biology Graduate Program and of satisfying the pre-doctoral program entrance requirements.
Students may earn Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Master of Science (MS) degrees in Oral Biology within one of two research concentrations:
- Craniofacial and Dental Genetics
- Craniofacial Tissue Regeneration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Dentistry View 117 other Masters in Dentistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admissions will only be considered for the fall term. However, early applications are encouraged, and offers may be extended to suitably qualified candidates before the application deadline.
- The program is open to post-baccalaureate students, pre-doctoral (First Professional) DMD students, and dental residents. School of Dental Medicine pre-doctoral students and residents may apply for a dual degree option with the PhD or MS Graduate Programs in Oral Biology.
- Pre-doctoral dental medicine students may also pursue dual degrees while enrolled in the School of Dental Medicine through collaborative programs with the Graduate School of Public Health, the School of Law, and the School of Education.
International34947 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34947 USD per year during 24 months.
National34947 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34947 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State29259 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29259 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.