Coursework enables students to apply to become Certified Family Life Educators. Courses focus on current research and practice in human development and family studies with an emphasis on family theories and processes; family life education; the reciprocal influences of family, school, work and community contexts; development across the lifespan; and the strengths and needs of diverse populations.
The Human Development and Family Studies from Kent State University emphasizes both basic and applied research. Student participation in interdisciplinary research and community outreach projects is encouraged. Graduates are prepared for leadership and teaching positions in the social services, junior and community colleges and cooperative extension and/or for pursuing doctoral-level study.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Identify physical, intellectual, emotional and social dimensions of human life within their respective disciplines.
- Identify ways to contribute to quality of human life within their respective disciplines.
- Participate in quality developmental and family research and outreach within their respective disciplines.
- Identify practical implications of human development and family relationship concepts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of program development, delivery and evaluation pertaining to human development and family relationships.
- Access scholarly sources of information and critically evaluate the quality of empirical research pertaining to human development and family relationships.
- Demonstrate an understanding of theories, methods and principles of research pertaining to human development and family relationships.
- Effectively communicate their ideas in oral presentations and written papers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Life Span Development
- Family Theories and Processes
- Family Life Education
- Professional Issues in Human Development and Family Studies
- Statistics for Educational Services
- Research in Educational Services
- Developing Environments for Older Adults
- Biology of Aging
- Adult Development and Aging
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Health Sciences View 231 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2.750 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.