Students in the program utilize theoretical models of attitude and behavioral change in assessing educational needs, designing educational interventions, evaluating the effectiveness of program efforts, and advocating for creative and competent health education opportunities. Students are encouraged to pursue certification: Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) or Master Certified Health Education (MCHES).
The Health Education and Promotion major comprises the following concentrations:
- The Community Health concentration provides background for those who will be involved in positions of leadership in a wide variety of health-related community settings, as well as for those who plan to pursue doctoral work in fields related to health education and health promotion.
- The School Health Licensure concentration enables graduates to teach health in schools or pursue diverse interests in the field. Competencies essential to school health education are addressed.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this Health Education and Promotion program from the Kent State University will be able to:
- Assess needs, assets and capacity for health education.
- Plan health education and promotion activities.
- Implement health education and promotion programs.
- Conduct program evaluation and research in health education.
- Serve as health education resource person.
- Administer and manage health education.
- Communicate and advocate for health and health education.
- Health Behavior
- Needs Assessment And Evaluation In Health Promotion
- Program Planning And Implementation In Health Promotion
- Communication And Marketing In Health Education And
- Foundations Of Health Education And Promotion
- Strategies In Health Education And Promotion
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Deadline- At least one month before the start of the semester of first coursework.
DisciplinesEducation Public Health View 4098 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale for unconditional admission
- Official transcript(s)
- Current Ohio teaching license (required for School Health Licensure concentration only)
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
International21952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21952 USD per year during 12 months.
National21952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21952 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11766 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.