Students in the Health Education and Promotion from Kent State University utilize theoretical models of attitude and behavioral change in assessing educational needs, designing educational interventions, evaluating the effectiveness of program efforts, and advocating for creative and competent health education opportunities. These skills prepare graduates for various employment positions in local, state and national government; K-12 schools and community colleges; health care facilities; worksite wellness programs; and nonprofit organizations.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Assess needs, assets and capacity for health education
- Plan health education and promotion activities
- Implement health education and promotion programs in schools and communities
- Conduct program evaluation and research in health education
- Advocate for health and health education
- Communicate effectively with a variety of audiences using appropriate theory, methods and channels
- Administer and manage health education
- Serve as an authoritative resource on health education and promotion practices in accordance with established ethical principles
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Behavior
- Needs Assessment and Evaluation in Health Promotion
- Program Planning and Implementation In Health Promotion
- Communication and Marketing in Health Education and Promotion
- Foundations of Health Education and Promotion
- Strategies in Health Education and Promotion
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesEducation Public Health Health Education View 85 other Masters in Health Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Kent State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2.750 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000-point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Current Ohio teaching license (required for School Health Licensure concentration only)
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.