About this Degree
This is a particularly exciting aspect of applied mathematics. Applied mathematicians help to design satellites, explain how our mind works and improve MRI machines. Applied mathematics allows one to find patterns that are common to many disciplines with a unifying mathematical structure. A problem in neuroscience sometimes has the same mathematical structure as doing an internet search! Applied mathematics allows one to make that connection.
The Department of Mathematics at California State University Fullerton offers a graduate program in Computational Applied Mathematics leading to the Master of Science Degree. The program is intended for individuals who are seeking or who currently hold positions that involve mathematical or quantitative applications. It was developed in consultation with mathematicians and scientists in the local industrial community. The coursework emphasizes modern applied mathematics, modeling, and computation. Every class involves the use of modern interactive software for numerical computation and simulation modeling, including MATLAB, PYTHON, and R. Graduates have gone on into successful careers in industry and in teaching at the college level. Several have also obtained advanced degrees in Mathematics, Engineering, and Science.
- Advanced Linear Algebra and Applications
- Applied Analysis
- Foundations of Numerical Analysis
- Foundations of Probability and Statistics
- Scientific Computing and Applications
- Mathematical Modeling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 914 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
Students seeking admission to the program must have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics or related area from an accredited college or university
- Four semesters of Calculus, a computer programming course or equivalent experience, and upper division courses in mathematical probability and advanced calculus/analysis
- Overall GPA of at least 2.5 and a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all upper division mathematics courses, or a combination of previous course work and work experience approved by the graduate committee of the Mathematics Department.
- Official transcript sent to CSUF's Admissions and Records.
- (optional) Letters of recommendation.
- (optional) GRE Scores.
International15457 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15457 USD per year during 12 months.
National10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10764 USD per year during 12 months.
- If you are not a resident of California, you must add $396.00 per units enrolled to your registration and tuition fees in addition
Living costs for Fullerton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.