Building on an initial degree, academic knowledge is deepened, and students acquire the ability to work on academic principles independently, learning to apply academic methods and findings.
The master’s program in Mathematics at Freie Universität Berlin offers students the possibility of deepening previously acquired knowledge in one of the following domains: analysis, discrete mathematics, algebraic/complex geometry, numerical mathematics, differential geometry, or topology.
More informationVisit official programme website
The Master's Program Mathematics at Freie Universität especially profits from the following top research areas:
- Algebra, Analysis, Geometry, Number Theory and Topology
- Scientific Computing and Bioinformatics
- Discrete Mathematics and Algorithms
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 13 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Germany
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics or an equivalent degree with a number of credit points in mathematics corresponding to that of the bachelor’s program in mathematics at Freie Universität Berlin.
- With certain restrictions, it is possible to complete the master’s degree program by taking classes solely in English. The necessary English language skills must as a rule be proven by exam results.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Students do not pay any tuition fees, the university only charges semester fees and contributions each semester.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.