This is an academically rigorous and experientially intense program, where future school leaders are challenged to excel and take their learning and potential to the next level by developing knowledge and understanding of current and developing leadership theories and practices in a democratic society.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this Educational Administration–K-12 Leadership program from the Kent State University will be able to:
- Facilitate collaboratively the development, articulation, implementation and stewardship of a shared school vision of learning through the collection and use of data to identify school goals.
- Sustain a school culture and instructional program conducive to student learning through collaboration, trust and a personalized learning environment with high expectations for students.
- Create and evaluate a comprehensive, rigorous and coherent curricular and instructional school program.
- Act in an ethical manner with integrity and fairness to ensure a school system of accountability for every student's academic and social success by modeling school principles of self-awareness, reflective practice, transparency and ethical behavior as related to their roles within the school.
- Safeguard the values of democracy, equity and diversity within the school.
- Evaluate the potential moral and legal consequences of decision-making in the school.
- Promote social justice within the school to ensure that individual student needs inform all aspects of schooling.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- School And Special Education Law
- The Educational Principalshp
- Fundamentals Of Educational Administration
- School Finance For Building Administrators
- Leading For Social Justice
- Instructional Leadership
- The Administrator's Role In Curriculum Development
- Principles And Techniques Of Supervision And Special Education
- Community Relations And Communication Skills
- Research In Educational Services
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Deadline- At least one month before the start of the semester of first coursework.
DisciplinesEducation Public Administration View 630 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale for unconditional admission
- Official transcript(s)
- GRE scores required if undergraduate GPA is below 3.000
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
International21952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21952 USD per year during 12 months.
National21952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21952 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11766 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.