Sustainable engineering refers to the integration of social, environmental, and economic considerations into the design of products, processes, and energy systems. Additionally, sustainable engineering encourages the consideration of the complete product and process lifecycle during the design effort.
The intent is to minimize environmental impacts across the entire lifecycle of a product or process while simultaneously maximizing the benefits to social and economic stakeholders.
This Sustainable Engineering degree builds on Rochester Institute of Technology work in sustainability research and education, and offers students the flexibility to develop tracks in areas such as renewable energy systems, systems modeling and analysis, product design, and engineering policy and management.
Typical Job Titles
- Associate Brewer
- Chief Technology Officer
- Energy Engineer
- Manager Operational Excellence Leader
- PV and Powerwall Designer
- Engineering of Systems
- Fundamentals of Sustainable Engineering
- Lifecycle Assessment
- Graduate Seminar
- Renewable Energy Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Development View 176 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent) from an accredited university or college in engineering, mathematics, or science.
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent).
- Not all programs require the submission of scores from entrance exams (GMAT or GRE). Please refer to the Graduate Admission Deadlines and Requirements page for more information.
- Submit a statement of purpose.
International54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
National54176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54176 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Rochester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.