Our community size of ~50 Molecular, Cellular & Developmental Biology students at the University of Pittsburgh is large enough to catalyze exchange of innovative ideas, but small enough so that each student gets close attention from their faculty mentor.
Being a scientist is more than doing experiments. Our courses give knowledge and critical-thinking skills. Our workshops develop skills in writing, grantsmanship and presentation. Our ethics courses give framework and guidance. Our seminars teach you to think on your feet. Our students get grants, give seminars at national meetings and publish high-impact, first-author papers.
Our graduates use their training to get the jobs they want, moving on to post-docs at prestigious universities, faculty positions at teaching colleges, jobs in government or industry, or additional education in law school or medical school.
- All graduate students in our Department are required to complete the following four workshops, with at least one completed in their first year.
- These one-credit workshops are typically offered annually, and are open to all graduate students in our department.
- Manuscript Preparation
- Ethical Practices in Scientific Research
- Biological Sciences Seminar
- Protein Structure and Function
- Advanced Developmental Biology
- Cellular Structure & Morphology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMolecular Sciences Biochemistry Genetics View 238 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application
- Choose Biological Sciences as the Department and either EE or MCDB as the Program
- A brief statement of your long-term professional goals. Describe your qualifications, scientific interests, your research experiences, and potential faculty advisors
- Three letters of recommendation (submitted online by the recommender after you initiate the application, or by mail at the address below)
- Copies of transcripts for all college-level institutions attended with degree conferred must be uploaded as well. These may be unofficial transcripts.
- Graduate Record Examination scores are not required.
International42324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42324 USD per year during 24 months.
National42324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42324 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State24962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24962 USD per year during 24 months.
Part-time: LOCAL: $1,003 per credit NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL: $1,728 per credit
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.