The following Master of Science (MS) requirements are formulated within the framework of the Graduate College requirements as described in A Handbook for Graduate Students and Advisors.
- The requirements of the degree of MS in Atmospheric Sciences from University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign correspond to the general requirements of the Graduate College for the degree, with the additional requirements.
- A total of 32 hours are required; a minimum of 16 of the 32 hours must come from 500 series core courses.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Severe and Hazardous Weather
- Climate and Global Change
- General Physical Meteorology
- General Physical Climate
- Weather and Climate Data Science
- Atmospheric Thermodynamics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 124 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United States
- Applications for admission are encouraged from students with a bachelor's degree in atmospheric science and oceanography, as well as physics, mathematics, computer science, geography, engineering, and related fields. Students who are genuinely interested in studying the atmosphere but come from other backgrounds are also encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must satisfy the general requirements for admission to the Graduate College and must have an equivalent grade-point average of at least 3.0 out of a possible 4.0. Averages are computed from the last 60 hours of undergraduate and graduate work completed. Applicants whose native tongue is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
International28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28464 USD per year during 12 months.
National28464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28464 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13176 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.