The Art Education program from University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign can serve as preparation for a variety of careers, such as museum education, community arts, arts advocacy, arts policy formation; professional development for art teachers and supervisors in the public schools; and as preparation for the doctoral degree.
In addition to required courses in art education, students can choose electives from studio art, art education and art history, and any other graduate courses offered by the university that complement their studies or professional aspirations.
- Specific course selection is determined in consultation with the student's adviser.
- Students may simultaneously study for teaching certification but graduate credit is not usually granted for such study. A thesis is required for the MA degree.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Curriculum Development in Art
- Issues in Art Education
- Foundations of Art Education
- Survey: Qualitative Methodologies
- Independent Graduate Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts Art Education View 757 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Applications are considered for Fall Semester admissions only. The Art History Program requires Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores.
- International applicants or applicants who are not native English speakers must present a recent TOEFL score of at least 590 on the paper-based version, 250 score on the Computer-based exam, and a score of 96 on IBT exam.
- Applications are not currently being accepted for the concentration in Printmaking.
International29614 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29614 USD per year during 12 months.
National29614 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29614 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14326 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14326 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Urbana
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.