The Theology program of University of Toronto offers two options:
- Option 1: A program of six advanced level semester courses with a thesis of at least 12,500 words. The course of studies consists of four courses in an area of major interest and one course in each of two other areas (ancillary, if possible, to the thesis). This option should be selected by students who wish to prepare for doctoral studies.
- Option 2: A program of eight semester courses with an extended major paper. Six courses are to be selected in the area of major interest, two in areas of minor interest. At least four of the courses must be at the advanced level; up to four may by 3000-level courses with the provision that no 3000-level course can be taken where a 6000-level course is available. The major paper, resulting from one of the courses, is to be of 8000 words. Note: this ThM degree is a "terminal degree" and does not provide the basis for entry into a Toronto School of Theology (TST) doctoral program of studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to the Old Testament as Scripture for the Church: Part I
- Early Christianity
- Old Testament
- Reading the Old Testament
- Introduction to the Old Testament
- Introduction to the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Part 1
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 29 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Master of Arts in Theology requires no previous theological studies and thus is similar in some respects to a basic degree. But since it moves students quickly to the point where they are able to participate in graduate degree seminars, it is considered a graduate degree.
- Please note that the Master of Arts in Theology degree is awarded by the University of St. Michael’s College, and is not conferred conjointly with the University of Toronto and your college of registration. Students in such non-conjoint degrees have limited access to student and library services provided by the University of Toronto.
International7500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3750 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National1878 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 939 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.