In addition to meeting the requirements of the university and of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, students must meet the requirements specified below. Students at this Sustainable Tourism and Protected Area Management program from Michigan State University may not be admitted to both the Master of Science degree in Community, Agriculture, Recreation and Resource Studies and the Master of Science degree in Sustainable Tourism and Protected Area Management.
The Department of Community Sustainability offers Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy degree programs in Community Sustainability and Sustainable Tourism and Protected Area Management.
Graduate programs in Community Sustainability provide students the opportunity to create individualized programs that draw from several complementary areas of scholarship.
These areas include:
- Food and agriculture
- Natural resources and the environment
- Recreation and tourism
- Communication and leadership
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Survey of Research Methods
- Sustainable Tourism and Protected Area Management: Theories and Applications
- Foundations of Community Sustainability
- Case Studies in Community Sustainability
- Master’s Professional Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Environmental Management Tourism & Leisure View 135 other Masters in Environmental Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree or comparable degree requirements from an educational institution. Relevant experience and strong academic background in the natural, physical, or social sciences are encouraged.
- Applicants are required to submit scores from the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination.
- Collateral courses may be required to overcome deficiencies in addition to the requirements for the master’s degree. Collateral course work will not count towards the master’s degree.
International27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27792 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27792 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State14144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14144 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.