The mission of the Michigan State University Master of Arts (MA) Rehabilitation Counseling Program is to promote the effective delivery of rehabilitation services to individuals with disabilities by providing graduates who have demonstrated through academic achievement the skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary to provide rehabilitation services to individuals with physical, mental, and/or emotional needs.
The objectives of the Michigan State University Master of Arts (MA) Rehabilitation Counseling Program are to provide students with the opportunity to:
- Acquire a sound, basic education in rehabilitation;
- Develop the lifelong habit of updating skills and professionalism;
- Develop a commitment to assist individuals with disabilities in using their own resources and opportunities to meet their developmental, vocational, and educational needs;
- Nourish a commitment to individual human values;
- Exercise skills and competencies on a high ethical level and with personal integrity; and
- Maintain a critical, questioning, and exploratory attitude.
- Acquire a comprehensive understanding of the personal, social, vocational, and psychological needs of persons with disabilities.
- Develop a strong knowledge of disability and rehabilitation service related community, social, and environmental needs.
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Foundations of Rehabilitation Counseling
- Cognitive and Psychological Aspects of Disability
- Social and Environmental Aspects of Rehabilitation
- Employment Strategies for Individuals with Disabilities
- Professional Issues in Rehabilitation Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Counselling View 608 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field from an accredited institution, with a grade point average of 3.00 (B) or better in the last two years of undergraduate study.
- A written statement of academic goals and career objectives that is 1-2 pages single-spaced, typed in length, that describes the applicant’s professional goals as they relate to the MA program in Rehabilitation Counseling.
- Three letters of recommendation, with at least two from professors and/or employers.
- Scores from the Graduate Record Examination General Test if the applicant’s grade point average is below 3.00.
International27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27792 USD per year during 24 months.
National27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27792 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State14144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14144 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for East Lansing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.