The use of mathematical models to study practical problems is emphasized throughout Applied and Computational Mathematics from Western Michigan University and will prepare you for professional employment in industry or government. By carefully selecting electives, you can also be prepared for further studies in mathematics or to teach mathematics.
Graduates with Applied and Computational Mathematics from Western Michigan University will:
- have obtained a broad background in the mathematical sciences, including statistics, differential equations, mathematical programming, and computational mathematics.
- be prepared for professional employment in industry or government.
- be prepared for further studies in mathematics or to teach mathematics.
- Computer Graphics
- Advanced Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Intractable Problems and Approximation Algorithms
- Advanced Theory of Computation
- Deterministic Methods in Operations Research
- Nonparametric Statistical Methods
- Statistical Theory
- Applied Linear Models
- Applied Mixed Models
- Random Processes
- SAS Programming
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
For Fall semester, and consideration for a graduate assistantship: February 15. After this date, applications will be considered if space still exists.
DisciplinesApplied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 385 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Copy of passport identification page
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended or are attending, including diplomas, examination results, mark sheets and certificates
- $100 non-refundable application fee
- Proof of sufficient funds for the first academic year of study at WMU according to estimated cost of attendance
- A resume or curriculum vitae (CV) is required; please submit within the online application system.
- This program requires three recommendations. Please send email requests for such recommendations from within the online system.
International30660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1022 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1022 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State20430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 681 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Kalamazoo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.