The Mathematics Education program from Michigan State University prepares researchers and leaders to address critical questions about mathematics education. Students will have opportunities to develop analytical perspectives on current issues in mathematics education.
Students who may be interested in this program include the following:
- graduates of undergraduate mathematics or mathematics education programs who are interested in research-based academic careers
- K-12 teachers who intend to return to the classroom with strong, research-oriented knowledge and experience in mathematics education
- graduates of undergraduate mathematics or mathematics education programs who are interested in the application of knowledge to curriculum or policy development, curriculum development, policy, assessment, etc., not necessarily with a focus on research
- graduates of master’s or doctoral programs in mathematics who wish to become mathematics education faculty in a college or university mathematics or education department.
Students will have opportunities to acquire an understanding and experience in various aspects of the mathematics education field including investigation of mathematical learning and teaching, the development of instructional materials, participation in policy formation and analysis, development and use of assessment, and integration of technology into mathematics learning and teaching.
- Proseminar in Mathematics Education
- Special Topics in Mathematics Education
- Mathematical Ways of Knowing
- Critical Content of School Mathematics: Algebra
- Critical Content of School Mathematics: Geometry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics View 914 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates should have the equivalent of an undergraduate major in mathematics or satisfactory completion of course work in mathematics appropriate to the applicant’s program of study and approved by an Admissions Committee of the Mathematics Education Faculty Group, with the expectation of completing additional mathematics study if necessary.
- In such cases, the guidance committee will help the candidate design a program that includes appropriate course work in mathematics. The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test is required of all applicants.
International27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27792 USD per year during 12 months.
National27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27792 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14144 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for East Lansing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.