The Literacy Education programs at The University of Maine are designed to engage students in authentic and practical experiences whether working directly with children or adults in our literacy clinic, engaging with students in their own classrooms, conducting research in field settings, or developing a student’s own writing skills in summer writing institutes.
- Depending on your career goals, our programs can lead to state of Maine certification in literacy education. Graduates emerge as strong advocates for literacy in their schools and communities.
- Literature for Children
- Literature for Young Adults
- Curriculum Methods in Literacy, K-8
- Literacy and Language Development
- Current Practices in Reading
- Literacy Across the Curriculum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Literature Literacy Education View 167 other Masters in Literacy Education in United States
- Completed online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcript of all previous college or university work
- Official test scores
- $65 application fee
International29214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29214 USD per year during 12 months.
National29214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29214 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9738 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Orono
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.