The programs are designed to prepare individuals for professional positions as educators, researchers, and consultants in a variety of sports, health, and educational contexts.
Collaborative course work, laboratory and field experiences, clinical placements, and research are available with other departments and schools both at Michigan State University and at other universities, as well as with various community agencies.
The primary objective of the master's degree program in Kinesiology at Michigan State University is to help students to acquire a breadth of knowledge grounded in theory, to gain expertise in one or more areas of specialization, and to develop competence in methods of inquiry. The program follows the guidelines that were adopted by the National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE).
A range of relevant courses and experiences can be incorporated into the student's program to satisfy individual needs and interests.
Eight major areas of study within the discipline of kinesiology are available to master's students:
- Athletic Training
- Cognitive and Motor Neuroscience
- Exercise Physiology
- Psychosocial Aspects of Sport and Physical Activity
- Sport Administration
- Strength and Conditioning
- Student Athlete Development
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Kinesiology
- Internship in Kinesiology
- Project in Kinesiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Management Coaching Sports Sciences View 418 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
To be considered for admission into the master’s program, applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree. Factors considered in admissions decisions include:
- clarity of applicant’s professional goals
- relationship between the program and the applicant’s goals
- previous academic experience and performance as indicated by transcripts from previous degrees including a competitive cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- competitive scores on the Graduate Record Examination (and Test of English as a Foreign Language for international students)
- three letters of recommendation.
International27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27792 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27792 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State14144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14144 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.