The Engineering Geology degree from University of Leeds gives you a grounding in the application of geological principles to a wide range of fields appropriate to civil, ground and mining engineering.
Studying engineering geology will provide you with excellent job opportunities as a result of high calibre academic training, as well as the development of strong skills in terms of both critical and independent thought and team work.
Most of our graduates join consulting engineering and environmental consulting companies, while others go on to PhD studies.
Here are some of the roles that our recent graduates are now in:
- AECOMM, Consulting Engineers
- Amey, Consulting
- Arcadis, Design and Consultancy
- Arup, Consulting Engineers
- Atkins, Consulting Engineers
- Golder Associates, Consulting Engineers
- Hyder Consulting
- Jacobs, Consulting Engineers
- Mott MacDonald, Consulting Engineers
- Network Rail
- RSK, Engineering and Environmental Consultancy
- Soil Engineering, Geotechnical Contractors
- Wardell Armstrong, Consulting Engineers
- WSP, Consulting Engineers
We have a strong commitment to enhancing student employability and our own dedicated school Employability Officer. We offer extra support and activities to help you stand out in your chosen field and achieve your career goals. In particular, employers frequently advertise opportunities via the programme team.
There is also an opportunity to network with industry sponsors at a dedicated Industry Recruitment Day, the School of Earth and Environment Careers Fair, as well as opportunities to undertake dissertation project work with potential employers.
This degree is accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Geological Investigation and Characterisation
- Soils Engineering
- Rock Engineering
- Engineering Geology: Dissertation Project
- Hydrogeology and Contaminant Processes
- Hazards, Resilience and Sustainable Engineering
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesSoil Science Geology General Engineering & Technology View 67 other Masters in Geology in United Kingdom
A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in an earth science, engineering, civil engineering, mining or a related discipline.
- We require Mathematics or Physics to AS level (pass grade) or international equivalent, but this requirement can be waived on an ad-hoc basis given appropriate mathematical content of your first degree or industrial experience.
- Applicants with a 2:2 will be considered on a case by case basis where applicants can demonstrate significant relevant work experience in a relevant specialist field.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.