The candidates of the French program of The University of Maine will be expected to demonstrate both oral and written proficiency in French in the course of his or her studies. Candidates must complete 24 credits of course work, with a minimum of 12 credits at the 500-level. The program of study may include courses in other departments when these relate to the student’s field of interest. Six hours of thesis credits are also required. Upon completion of the thesis, the Master of Arts candidate will defend the thesis before a committee of the graduate faculty at an oral examination which will also include questions on the student’s course work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of the French Language
- Seminar in Literature of the Eighteenth Century
- Seminar in the Novel
- Seminar in Poetry
- Seminar in the Theatre
- French Film Survey
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Language Studies Linguistics View 705 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
- Completed online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcript of all previous college or university work
- Official test scores
- $65 application fee
- Official English proficiency examination scores are required unless you have received a degree from an English-speaking institution
- Certification of Finances to be submitted at the time of admission
- A copy of your passport or visa to aid in processing I-20 paperwork
International45090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1503 USD per credit during 12 months.
National45090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1503 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State13830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 461 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Orono
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.