It is designed for those already holding an undergraduate degree and interested in becoming a secondary school teacher. Content areas include: Math, Life Science, Physical Science, English, Social Studies, and World Languages.
- The Teaching program at The University of Maine prepares graduates for teaching positions at the secondary school level (grades 7-12).
- Our faculty have expertise in a variety of educational disciplines and contexts, from Social Studies and STEM Education to rural and urban school settings. No matter your education career goals, the MAT will help you achieve them.
- Social Context of Education
- Teaching and Assessing for Student Learning
- Adapting Instruction for Students with Disabilities
- Classroom Based Prevention and Intervention
- Educational Practicum
- Technology in Education
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 3468 other Masters in Education in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Maine and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completed online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcript of all previous college or university work
- Official test scores
- $65 application fee
International29214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29214 USD per year during 15 months.
National29214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29214 USD per year during 15 months.
In-State9738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9738 USD per year during 15 months.
Living costs for Orono
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.