Our approach is interdisciplinary: instructors include historians, philosophers of religion and systematic theologians. Your work will be enriched by the School’s guest lectures and regular research seminars in theology and ethics, and the history of Christianity.
This programme can be taken either as a Master of Theology (MTh) or as a Master of Science (MSc); the difference is only in the name.
This programme is designed to provide a strong foundation for postgraduate research in the field or for employment in a range of areas requiring critical analysis and empathetic understanding.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Byzantine Theology
- Calvinist Theology and Piety
- Church, State and Civil Society
- From Diatribe to Dialogue in Muslim-Christian Relations
- History of Christianity in Africa
- Reformation in Sixteenth Century Britain and Ireland
- Religion and the Enlightenment: the Birth of the Modern
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Religious Studies & Theology View 643 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A UK 2:1 honours degree with a mark of at least 65%, or its international equivalent, in theology/religious studies or a relevant field within humanities and social sciences.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Home fees have still to be agreed
- International/EU - £12,650
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
On average around 50% of Divinity postgraduate students are awarded some level of scholarship funding.
- Scholarships are awarded on academic merit. Most are open to all, but some are ring-fenced for applicants from certain parts of the world.
- Awards are made for both masters and PhD programmes.
- Typically, awards are for full or partial fee costs. Fully funded awards are exceptional and highly competitive.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.