Special emphasis is laid on the ability to analyse, assess, interpret, and understand theoretical aspects of examined issues with systematic critical reflection in expert activities. Focus is directed particularly toward modern theories of conflict and cooperation, theories of European integration and international political economy. A progressive curriculum in soft skills and research methods in social science prepares students for high-quality expert analytical work in practice and academia. Structured emphasis on the development of students’ analytical skills throughout the program prepares students for success on the global labor market or postgraduate study among the global academic competition.
The graduates can find employment in a number of professional areas. Especially: in public administration and diplomatic services, in research and analytical institutes, in academic-educational work at universities, in the apparatus of political parties, as journalists a and in international organisations. Graduates from International Relations and European Politics at Masaryk University are very likely to find a job in the corporate sphere, particularly in large multinational organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- EU Political System
- International Politics in Modern Europe
- Theories of Cooperation and Conflict in IR
- European security architecture
- International Law and Regimes
- Research Methods in Social Sciences
- International and European sanctions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations European Studies Political Science View 13 other Masters in International Relations in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The program is open to students holding a Bachelor's or equivalent degree in the social sciences (political science, International Relations, European studies, and related disciplines, including history, law, economics, etc.) or the humanities from a recognized institution of higher education. Students are accepted on the basis of evaluation of their prior degree (Bachelor or higher) results, motivation letters and other documents specified on the web of the degree program. Entrance video-interviews are conducted subsequently. Applicants must have a good command of English.
- Applicants are evaluated and admitted on the basis of the documents they submit and entrance video-interviews; the evaluation scale is 0 - 100 points with 60 being the passing level.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.