Special emphasis is laid on the ability to analyse, assess, interpret, and understand theoretical aspects of examined issues with systematic critical reflection in expert activities. Focus is directed particularly toward modern theories of conflict and cooperation, theories of European integration and international political economy.
A progressive curriculum in soft skills and research methods in social science prepares students for high-quality expert analytical work in practice and academia. Structured emphasis on the development of students’ analytical skills throughout the program prepares students for success on the global labor market or postgraduate study among the global academic competition.
The graduates of the International Relations and European Politics program from Masaryk University can find employment in a number of professional areas. Especially: in public administration and diplomatic services, in research and analytical institutes, in academic-educational work at universities, in the apparatus of political parties, as journalists a and in international organisations. Graduates are very likely to find a job in the corporate sphere, particularly in large multinational organisations.
- EU Political System
- International Politics in Modern Europe
- Theories of Cooperation and Conflict in IR
- European security architecture
- Contemporary World Politics
- Executive skills in international relations and European politics
- German foreign policy
- Managing Projects in an International Context
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations European Studies Political Science View 11 other Masters in Political Science in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To be accepted, the applicant must have completed or be on track to complete bachelor level education (before enrollment). Each application must include English language curriculum vitae, cover letter, official transcript of records, proof of English language competence at the B2 level, and a sample of academic writing in the extent of an essay.
- The applications are processed and successful candidates from the first round are invited to an online video interview to review their application and verify their English language competence. Online video interview
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.