The Master in Educational Psychology at North Carolina State University focuses on the examination and evaluation of psychological principles across the lifespan with an emphasis on cognition, development, motivation, identity and social processes.
We thoroughly prepare students to serve as scholar-practitioners in a variety of education settings. Our goal is to create scholars, educators and leaders who will help improve and transform the lives of all learners through the lifespan.
Educational Psychology students learn to apply psychological theory and research methodology to answer these and other questions:
- How is learning influenced by the social and cultural contexts of the classroom, school and community?
- How do students learn and grow?
- What motivates students to achieve and teachers to teach?
- What is the best way to help individuals learn across the lifespan?
- How can we best assess student learning and educational outcomes?
As scholar-practitioners, educational psychologists generate new knowledge that can improve the outcomes of people in a broad range of settings, from formal classrooms to training and continuing education in the professions.
- Foundations of Curriculum
- Exceptional Children
- Seminar in Teachers as Learner: Developmental Theory, Research and Practice
- Theory and Practice in Teaching Diverse Populations
- Computer Applications and Curriculum Integration
- Design and Evaluation of Instructional Materials
- Reading in the Content Areas
- Advanced Educational Psychology
- Adolescent Development (or Advanced Developmental Psychology)
- Special Topics in Educational Psychology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Educational Psychology View 1135 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Recent GRE scores
- Current resume or CV
- Personal statement including career goals and aspirations, research interests or focus and other relevant experiences
- Recommendations from 3 individuals attesting to scholarly aptitude and motivation
International29690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29690 USD per year during 24 months.
National29690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29690 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11702 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11702 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Raleigh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.