Our seminars and empirical projects let you practice theory building and methods (especially application of econometrics) as well as giving you well-founded industry expertise.
- Great career prospects
- Possibility to obtain a double Master’s degree
- Reasons to Choose Hohenheim
- Learn to analyze transnational business processes and global product chains.
- Prepare for management functions in a career in a knowledge-intensive and project-oriented global economy.
- Apply cutting-edge theoretical and econometrical models to real problems of multinational companies and institutions/NGOs.
- Think and act in an interdisciplinary way to solve challenging management and economic problems in a team.
- Obtain academic skills and soft skills like teamwork, social entrepreneurship, or rhetoric and negotiation techniques.
- Take an international perspective, learn a foreign language, and link different cultures.
Occupational fieldsWith a view to research, we train you to build up well-founded knowledge of methods. After your International Business and Economics at the University of Hohenheim, you will be able to work empirically on new questions. These skills enable you to apply for doctoral programs. Thematically, the following specializations are possible:
- International Business
- International Management & Innovation
- International Economics
With a view to practice, we prepare you for management or analyst positions, e.g.:
- International Business Analyst
- Management / Business Consultant
- Economic Counsel
Potential employers and career fields are:
- Start-up companies
- Multinational corporations
- International organizations, including NGOs and
- Service companiess
The program consists of:
- a basic Master’s area,
- the specialization, and
- the Master’s thesis.
The first period of the Master’s program lays the foundations in methods and general topics. The program includes business administration and economic topics.
The specialization consists of two focus areas and one specialization seminar each. There are four possible specialization areas: Innovation Management and Economics, International Economics, Finance, and Data Analytics
In the free elective area, you can choose from a wide range of courses. You can go more in-depth into special business administration and economic modules, or look at integrative or social scientific questions.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics International Business View 118 other Masters in Economics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Hohenheim and/or in Germany, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Bachelor’s degree successfully completed in Germany or abroad with a standard period of study of at least 3 years in the area of Economic Science or at least three years of university studies in the area of business and economic sciences (in Germany).
- A Bachelor's degree from a foreign university with a standard period of study of at least 3 years in Management and/or Economics.
- or an equivalent degree
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
A Student Services fee, administrative fee, and a fee for the Student Parliament totaling €186.70 are due for each semester.
Living costs for Stuttgart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.