In this context, emphasis is placed on an integrative approach for both research and graduate education. As with other program areas, the Biomedical Sciences–Physiology Interdisciplinary major takes advantage of the latest molecular and cellular techniques to address questions related to human diseases.
Faculty members are drawn from various departments at Kent State University, Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) and the Lerner Research Institute of the Cleveland Clinic. Although graduate work may be completed in any of the various research areas, faculty are listed in two general specializations: (1) environmental and comparative physiology and (2) cardiopulmonary and exercise physiology.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Biomedical Sciences - Physiology Interdisciplinary program from Kent State University will be able to:
- Publish their research in peer-reviewed journals.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach undergraduate students.
- Seek employment after graduation in fields that reflect their area of training.
- Biochemical Foundations Of Medicine
- Hoose From The Following:
- And Medical Physiology
- Mammalian Physiology
- And Mammalian Physiology
- Research Process In Athletic Training And Exercise
- And Quantitative And Research Methods In Athletic
- Training And Exercise Physiology
- Quantitative Statistical Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Deadline - At least one month before the start of the semester of first coursework.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Physiology View 318 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission
- Academic preparation adequate to perform graduate work in the desired field (typically two years of chemistry, one year of mathematics, one year of physics and courses in anthropology, biology and psychology)
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year during 12 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.