Students complete a common set of core courses that cover fundamental principles in neuroscience, from the cellular/molecular to the systems level. Students also complete elective courses tailored to their chosen subdiscipline. Areas of research focus on the neurosciences include behavioral neuroscience, sensory neuroscience, developmental neuroscience and neurodegenerative diseases.
The Master of Science degree in Biomedical Sciences–Neurosciences is offered in consortium with Cleveland Clinic and Northeast Ohio Medical University.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Science degree in Biomedical Sciences - Neurosciences program from Kent State University will be able to:
- Publish their research in peer-reviewed journals.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach undergraduate students.
- Seek employment after graduation in fields that reflect their area of training.
- Neurobiology: Systems and Behavior
- Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Introduction to Biomedical Sciences
- Bioanthropological Data Analysis
- Biological Statistics
- Quantitative Statistical Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Deadline - At least one month before the start of the semester of first coursework.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Neuroscience Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 318 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission
- Academic preparation adequate to perform graduate work in the desired field (typically two years of chemistry, one year of mathematics, one year of physics and courses in anthropology, biology and psychology)
- Official transcript(s)
- GRE scores
- Goal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year during 12 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.