Graduates possess an in-depth comprehension of experimental design at the cellular and molecular levels of biological organization, as well as competency in current techniques in the discipline. Major research emphases include signal transduction, biochemistry and pathobiology, gene regulation, cell systems biology, cell and tissue ultrastructure, membrane structure and function, molecular aspects of neurobiology and endocrinology, genetics and metabolism of microorganisms, virology and immunology and enzymology with an emphasis on protein dynamics and folding, as well as cytochrome P-450s.
The Biomedical Sciences–Cellular and Molecular Biology major comprises the following concentrations:
- Cellular Biology and Structure
- Molecular Biology and Genetics
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Biomedical Sciences (Cellular and Molecular Biology) program from Kent State University will be able to:
- Publish their research in peer-reviewed journals.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach undergraduate students.
- Seek employment after graduation in fields that reflect their area of training.
- Human Microscopic Anatomy
- Eukaryotic Cell Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Deadline - At least one month before the start of the semester of first coursework.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Genetics View 1255 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission
- Academic preparation adequate to perform graduate work in the desired field (typically two years of chemistry, one year of mathematics, one year of physics and courses in anthropology, biology and psychology)
- Official transcript(s)
- GRE scores
- Goal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year during 12 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.