Although courses of study are tailored to students’ interests and needs, the program for all students normally includes training in population, community, ecosystems and evolutionary ecology and statistical theory. Because of the interdisciplinary nature of ecology, students are encouraged to take courses in geology, mathematics, chemistry and other disciplines.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Biological Sciences - Ecology and Evolutionary Biology program offered at Kent State University will be able to:
- Understand advanced biological concepts beyond the scope of the typical undergraduate degree, and increase the depth of their knowledge through coursework and hands-on experiences.
- Apply scientific principles and appreciate work outside of their particular field.
- Effectively communicate about science with colleagues as well as those outside of the student's area of expertise.
- Develop the necessary laboratory skills that will allow testing of hypotheses.
- Biological Statistics
- Responsible Conduct In Research And Teaching-biological
- Seminar In Ecology (Repeated Each Semester)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Deadline - At least one month before the start of the semester of first coursework.
DisciplinesBiology Ecology View 215 other Masters in Ecology in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission
- Undergraduate coursework roughly equivalent to a Biology minor.
- Official transcript(s)
- GRE scores (general test)
- Goal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- A list of up to five potential faculty advisors
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year during 12 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.