Students study quantitative and qualitative approaches to research.
- The Non-Thesis Option concentration is available for students who chose to complete a master's project, instead of a thesis, as the culminating requirement.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Understand the breadth of theoretical, philosophical, historical and practical issues in art education.
- Articulate how a plethora of issues is inherent in the field and constructed within wider frameworks of culture and society.
- Understand the purposes, functions and value of teaching art in PreK-12 art and other educational contexts.
- Understand and refine application of art education and education research methodology, methods and procedures.
- Demonstrate advanced comprehension of self-identified particular topics through detailed research investigation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Pre-kindergarten-12 Design Education
- Research Seminar in Art Education
- Seminar in Art Education
- Candidacy Review Examination: art Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts Art Education View 817 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university1
- Minimum 2.750 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Goal statement that focuses on the philosophy of art education
- Three letters of recommendation
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Online: $18,200 per program
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.