The Department of Surgery has offered a Master of Science Degree Program at University of British Columbia since 1969. Applicants with an MD degree or equivalent are accepted once they have been deemed to be satisfactory by the MSc Program Director and fulfill the admission requirements of the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
A supervisory committee is chosen to represent the area of special interest by the candidate.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Specialty training programs are offered in Cardiac Surgery, General Surgery, Neurosurgery, Otolaryngology, Pediatric Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Radiation Oncology and Developmental Radiotherapeutics, Thoracic Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Application open dates and deadlines for an upcoming intake have not yet been configured in the admissions system.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 246 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Many programs require a statement of interest, sometimes called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International8952 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8952 CAD per year during 24 months.
National5095 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5095 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.