The Genetics program is administered through the College of Natural Science, and participating faculty have academic appointments in various MSU departments or institutions affiliated with Michigan State University.
The objectives of the Genetics Program are to train students for careers in research, teaching, and other science-related fields that rely on a deep understanding of the scientific method and of the nature and significance of genetics and genomics. After training, students should be able to appreciate and contribute to new developments in this rapidly changing field.
- Degree-granting, interdepartmental program with over 100 faculty participants
- Financial support through research assistantships and fellowships
- Enroll through the Biomolecular Science Gateway
- Laboratory rotations across disciplines
- Excellent research facilities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecular Biology
- Microbial Genetics
- Theory and Practice of Teaching Genetics
- Genomics and Proteomics of Complex Genetic Systems
- Quantitative Genetics in Plant Breeding
- Computational Science for Evolutionary Biologists
- Theories & Practices in Bioinformatics
- Principles and Applications of Plant Genomics
- Experimental Design and Data Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Genetics View 178 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in United States
- Equivalent to a four-year bachelor's degree that includes coursework that demonstrates proficiency in math and science
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.5
- Research experience
- Strong letters of reference that include evaluation of the applicant's research experience
- The required GRE is only a small part of the decision-making process and is used as one metric to compare applicants from all different backgrounds. Successful BMS applicants have had GRE scores that range from 25 to 99% Verbal, 40 to 99% Quantitative, and 13 to 99% in Analytical writing.
International27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27792 USD per year during 12 months.
National27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27792 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14144 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for East Lansing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.