A thesis is required of all students pursuing Plan A and opportunities exist for an internship in a practicing United States or international forensic science laboratory.
Michigan State University has long been recognized as a premier institution for research and education in forensic science, and is home to a number of excellent resources for the study of forensic science.
The School of Criminal Justice maintains modern laboratory facilities containing equipment and instrumentation for the analysis of virtually any type of physical evidence, from chromatography equipment for drugs, explosives, and arson evidence, to microscopy techniques for trace evidence analysis, to genetic analyzers for the analysis of DNA.
The Forensic Science Masters program at Michigan State University is designed to give students a broad theoretical and practical background in the scientific, legal, and investigative aspects of forensic science while providing the opportunity to study one of the major disciplines in depth.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Survey in Forensic Science
- Law and Forensic Science
- Crime Scene Investigation
- Forensic Analysis of Drugs and Alcohol
- DNA Profiling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesForensic Science View 103 other Masters in Forensic Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be considered for admission to the Master of Science degree program in forensic science, an applicant must have:
- completed a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in a discipline appropriate to the desired concentration. For example, a student who desires to complete the concentration in forensic chemistry must have a bachelor’s degree in chemistry or a closely allied science such as biochemistry.
- a cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.0 for all course work in the bachelors degree.
- satisfactory scores in the Graduate Record Examination General Test as judged by the program faculty. No substantive area GRE exams are required.
International27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27792 USD per year during 24 months.
National27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27792 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State14144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14144 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for East Lansing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.