The Master of Arts - Science Education offered by University of British Columbia is ideal for those seeking leadership roles in order to make a difference in teacher education; learning and teaching at the elementary, secondary, and post-secondary levels; industry; teaching and research institutions; government and private sectors; museums; outdoor settings and other science-based organizations. The degree prepares graduates to pursue doctoral studies.
The program’s philosophy is that advances in educational theory influence practice to improve the quality of education. Educators are empowered by research collaboration across disciplines, countries, and contexts.
Accordingly, this program values diverse expertise, experience, research collaborations, mentorship, and innovative ideas. Through individual and collective research, graduate students will develop and enhance their knowledge, theoretical understandings, and practice of Science Education. Graduate students will be mentored by experienced faculty members to conduct independent research studies driven by their own interests and contemporary issues and problems in the field
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Issues and Theories
- Issues in the Teaching and Learning of the Sciences
- Research Methodologies in Education
- Teaching Math and Science through Technology
- Science Learning in Informal Settings
- Theory and Research in Environmental Education
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- This program contains a practicum component for which a criminal record check is required.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International13604 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13604 CAD per year during 24 months.
National7285 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7285 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.