The Department of Materials Science and Engineering at NC State has become well-known as a small and friendly department that provides unique and high-impact opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students.
The Master of Materials Science and Engineering at North Carolina State University is a thesis degree that requires 30 credit hours of graduate course work of which 6 credit hours are thesis research (MSE 695).
In fact, many of today’s industrial problems await materials solutions:
- electrical engineers ask for better semiconductors
- computer technology demands materials that store more and more information.
North Carolina State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the associate, baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of NC State University.Contact the Commission only in relation to the university’s compliance with accreditation requirements. Normal inquiries about admission requirements, educational programs, and financial aid should be directed to the University.
- Mechanical Properties of Structural Materials
- Structure and Properties of Engineering Materials
- Materials Science of Biomaterials
- Experimental Methods for Structural Analysis of Materials
- Mathematical Methods for Materials Engineers
- Materials Science and Engineering Seminar
- Structure of Materials at the Nanoscale
- Thermodynamics of Materials
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 342 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- Online Application
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Test Scores
- Proof of English Proficiency
International29690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29690 USD per year during 24 months.
National29690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29690 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11702 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11702 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Raleigh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.